Friday, January 15, 2016

Move To Burnham

According to Facebook, five years ago today, I posted this article to my feed, called "Let's Move To Burnham." The Guardian, a major UK newspaper, had profiled dear Burnham-on-Crouch, a small town in Essex, on the very outer edge of the eastern coast of England. 

Let's move to Burnham? Oh friends, I did.

It was August 2004, and I had never laid eyes on this place, but I had accepted a teaching job there and was off with a lot of excitement--and trepidation. And a new blog, to document the adventures (Wild and Absolutely True, all of them). My year there was not without its ups and downs, and ultimately, I chose to return to my native land...but I loved Burnham then, and always will.

What's interesting is that I posted this link on Facebook (as mentioned above), five years ago today. One month from today, I am scheduled to take a train out of London's Liverpool Street Station, and ride back to that glorious little town for a long-overdue visit. 

I can't wait.









No comments: