Thursday, July 02, 2015

A Note

I'm finally getting around to sending a thank you note to the veterinary clinic where I took Millie for her last two appointments. I got a card from them in the mail a few days ago, and that meant a lot. The whole office signed it, including Dr. Ann, who is a very busy woman.

Here's what I wrote:

To the wonderful staff of Sterling Pointe,

When I brought my dear Millie to you last week, I knew in my heart it was time to let her go. I was so upset, and all of you treated me with utmost care and compassion--the same you give your actual patients! I wanted you to know it was so appreciated. I was lucky to have Millie for over 15 years--through part of college, several jobs and apartments, a lot of adventures, and a few failed love affairs. They really do leave paw prints on our hearts. Thank you for caring for my best friend--and me.

Sincerely,

Megan Cooper

I still miss her. Every so often I expect to see her walking into my room, or a flash of fur turns out to be Duchess instead of Millie. It's getting less and less shocking and disappointing.

This arrived in the mail on Monday--I ordered it on Etsy last week, and it is beautiful. I've put it in a little frame on my bedside table.


The kindness of others helps in all things.

No comments: