Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Validation

It helps, leaving Granite Bay, to know that while my boss wanted someone else in the job, my students and their families will miss me.

It doesn't change the situation, but it helps. 

Here's a sample of what people have said.

Mother of a senior, whose daughter has sung with Sacramento Children's Chorus:


Richard and I really enjoyed the choir-band concert last night...

I am really sorry to hear that you're not returning to GBHS.  You've really allowed Jacqueline to spread her wings and develop more of her talent.  It's been so good for  her!  Also, the Choir seems to have gotten bigger, and it's great to hear them doing A Capella pieces, and more innovative numbers rather than playing it safe. Loved the Beatles theme at the Guitar concert, and the medley last night.   Thank you for all your creativity, hard work and dedication.

...

Again, thank you so much for all you've done and let’s stay in touch.


Her daughter:

Dear Cooper,

You have been such a wonderful choir teacher. You have such a beautiful, kind spirit. Keep that, no matter what people say. I'll miss you so much in Davis next year. Thank you for everything.


From a father of a freshman, who was reluctant to join choir:

I'm sorry to hear you're moving on from GBHS

As Tate was reluctant at first about taking choir class.....Now that we fast forward to the end of the year I wanted to let you know that not only did Tate enjoy your class more then any other class he took this year....You personally made a huge difference in Tate and his integration as a new student into the school by developing friendships in your class.

You're a great teacher, you communicate extremely well with the parents and more importantly do a fantastic job with your students!

We wish you the best!


Random bits from the kids in a card they gave me:

You helped me like singing more. --Tom (he was SO reluctant to be in choir when he joined.)

Ms. Cooper, I will miss you so very much. Because of you, I love music even more. You are my first cohir teacher and you have inspired me to become a better musician. You are so kind and funny and I hope life will take you to more wonderful things. I will miss you so much. Thank you for everything. --Miracle

Hey Mrs. [sic] Cooper, I just wanted to say that I'm glad I had you as a teacher this year. Because of you, this was my favorite class this year. I'll miss you! --Maliha (a lovely girl, very quiet. I didn't realize she loved choir this much!)



No comments: