Thursday, May 07, 2015

Trainer In Training

Last week, I finally bit the bullet and did something I've been wanting to do for a few years now. I signed up to take the certification training and test to be a personal trainer.

I'm doing this for largely selfish reasons to start. I want to understand how exercise works so I can help myself. If, in future, I can use that knowledge to help family, friends, and others, well, that's great. But for now, career-wise, I'm sticking to this whole music-teaching thing.

How exciting, no? My brick of a text book arrived in the mail yesterday and I'm nosing through it a bit. I'll start studying in earnest after the next two weeks--there's a lot going on for me at the Large Suburban High School, Sac Choral this weekend, and more. But I'm excited to get started. My own success with my health and fitness has made me curious to learn more.

So here's to muscles and movement and learning!

No comments: