Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Quick English Lesson

I'm at a point where I just shake my head and sigh at misuse of there/their/they're and your/you're, though I still get a bit peeved when people mix up "are" and "our."

However, I cannot abide when I see someone talk about how hard they were crying by using the word "balling."

"I was balling so hard when [insert favorite fictional character] died!"

According to Urban Dictionary, this means this person was either a) playing basketball, or b) living the good life.

"Bawling," on the other hand, means "crying one's eyes out."

Anyway, it's just an observation. I've seen this more than once and I always laugh a little to myself, picturing this sad person sitting surrounded by stacks of cash and wearing diamond-encrusted what-nots.

Carry on.

No comments: