Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Blog Challenge: 50 Things That Make Me Happy

Fellow runner and blogger Eric is doing a writing challenge, and I liked his Week 6 entry so much, I thought I'd do my own. I challenge other blogging friends to do the same! Without further ado, fifty things that make me happy (in no particular order).


  1. Singing, free of self-consciousness and vocal obstructions.
  2. Time with my family and/or friends.
  3. Finding my groove on a long run.
  4. Laughing until tears stream down my face.
  5. Cuddles with my Millie-girl.
  6. When my students actually laugh at my bad puns, instead of looking at me like, "Sigh. Grown-ups."
  7. Feeling warm sand between my toes.
  8. Listening to the ocean.
  9. That moment when my choir masters a song.
  10. Flying into the airport over a place I love--London and San Francisco, especially.
  11. Rubber ducks.
  12. Hell, ducks in general. They're just so ridiculous and funny.
  13. Reading on the sofa on a rainy day.
  14. That first bite into a piece of chocolate.
  15. The satisfaction of completing a difficult workout.
  16. Sweat. I used to hate to sweat, now I love it.
  17. Any time the song "Somewhere Only We Know" comes on.
  18. Putting a slash through in item on my To Do List and seeing them add up through the week.
  19. A clean desk.
  20. Putting money in my savings account.
  21. The color green.
  22. Being unable to put a book down.
  23. Exploring an interesting new place.
  24. Daffodils.
  25. A new pair of running shoes.
  26. Snoopy--all of the Peanuts Gang, really, but especially Snoopy. And Woodstock on Twitter
  27. Internet-Famous cats, like Lil Bub, Grumpy Cat, and The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee girls. 
  28. Hot tea, with a bit of milk and sugar, in my favorite mug. 
  29. How my sheets smell when they've been line-dried on a sunny day.
  30. Pajamas. Seriously, the minute I get home, no matter what time of day, I'm in them. 
  31. Doing nice things for people for no reason.
  32. Making cards.
  33. Taking pictures.
  34. Ice cream. Ice cream always makes me happy.
  35. The word "diphthong." I can't say it without getting a little giggle, and it's also a legitimate linguistic/singing term.
  36. Baby animals. 
  37. Polka dots.
  38. Spending an hour or two perusing a bookstore, with nothing to hurry me along.
  39. Adventures with my friends--to the beach, to a California Mission, to Wine Country. 
  40. The Golden Gate Bridge. It's my favorite California icon. I never get tired of it.
  41. Living in California. This is an amazing state...not without problems, but full of beauty.
  42. Finding obscure post cards for my brother, knowing he loves to get them and keeps them for his collection. 
  43. My birthday. I don't mind getting a year older--age is just a number. Life is about enjoying the ride. Besides, I get cake.
  44. Using the pretty afghan my mom made for me on cold nights.
  45. My green Converse Chucks. I mean, they're bright green. Perfect for Fridays at the Large Suburban High School.
  46. When students see me around campus and their faces light up and they say, "Hey Ms. Cooper!!!" like they're genuinely excited to see me.
  47. Organizing. Yes. I am happy when I'm organizing stuff. It makes me feel in control of my world.
  48. My Little Pink Blog. I don't have a huge readership, but I'm PROUD of this blog, and I enjoy writing it.
  49. Having enough. Not more than I need...but enough.
  50. You. Yes, you!

No comments: