Saturday, January 24, 2015

My Week in Instagram (Week #113)

I was light on pictures for most of the week, until today. A trip to the ocean with Summer will do that.

Sunday:

Sunday Morning Fog Run (8 miles).

Mid-run break.

Post-run, caught some of the scenery.


8 miles, most of it with a scarf to ward off the cold.


That's the sun between the branches.



"I can haz lap time?"

I went on a date. He was 10 minutes late, and a bit of a dud.
Come on, TALK to me!

Fell asleep at 10:30. At 11:00, every smoke detector went off.
Fortunately, it was a defective unit, and the two Lincoln FD
who responded helped Dad remove it. They were great. We have
all new smoke detectors now.
Monday:

Missing smoke detector. Dad went straight to Lowes on
Monday.

Mom, Millie and I caught up on Downton Abbey.

But it couldn't hold Millie's interest.

Boots, leg warmers, and yes, I wear leggings as pants because
I can, so there.
Tuesday:

Oh, I haven't taken a pic yet today? Okay. *silly selfie*

RoPro made the most embarrassing squeal as I left work, so
I took her straight to Mazda. An hour and $200 later, she
had a new alternator belt.

Got home to a surprise from my brother. It made me giggle.


Wednesday:

Messy desk? Must be Wednesday.

Wednesday was a crazy-long day, but I caught a few minutes
of sunshine at Starbucks.

Thursday:

My green sparkle running skirt arrived! I'm going to wear it
for the Shamrock'n Half. 

Before I could park myself, someone else had jumped to
my chair.

New perspective. That's the ceiling, from my desk,

I took a two-hour nap on Thursday, and someone was very
happy to cuddle under the blanket.
Friday:

I subbed for a US History teacher, and this was the assignment.

After school, Cali Swimmy and I were off on an adventure.

The hotel room had the cutest couch ever.

Summer and I had Thai food for dinner. I didn't let Cali see
that there was duck on the menu. He has a hard enough time
with me eating chicken. (I DO NOT eat duck.)

Don't judge my awful taste in wine. It was cheap, and I was
tired.

With my cheap wine and some Jeopardy, Summer and I
partied like rock stars and had the lights out by 8:00. I was
OUT by 9:00. 
Saturday:

Driving across one of the many bridges that spans the bay.

Destination; Half Moon Bay.


Half Moon Bay is a photogenic little town. 









Turtles at the feed store.






Not much was open, so we decided to drive south and see
what we could see.

It's a terrible drive.

Truly NOT scenic.

Not scenic at all.

We ended up in Pescadero, a blink-and-you'll-miss-it
little town that surprisingly has some gems. 


There was a small row of tiny little shops in sheds. The kind
you put in your back yard.





Of course we had to stop on the ugly California Beaches.


A very small duck contemplating a very large world.

And the obligatory duck-on-head-beach-selfie. With Summer
reflected in my glasses.

Driving back towards Half Moon Bay.



We ate lunch at Half Moon Bay Brewing Company.

Parmesan Truffle Fries. Yes, delicious.


After lunch, a quick wander.




A duck watching ducks.





Random phone box on the way back inland.
Today was absolutely lovely, and a much-needed mini-break for two busy music educators. It's always marvelous to spend time with Summer, and to get some beach time.

No comments: