Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Measuring a Year, Part 3: Favorite Pictures

My iPhone has taken over most of my picture-taking anymore, but I did manage to get the Canon out and about this year. Here are a few of my favorite honest-to-goodness photographs from the year--NOT taken with a phone.

Hotel del Coronado on Coronado Island, San Diego.

This beach on Coronado Island was awesome. No idea why the sand does that.

I loved Balboa park in San Diego. This staircase was particularly photogenic.

Mission San Diego at dusk.

This was totally Summer's idea (of course I ran with it).

Beautiful hibiscus at Mission San Diego.

The front facade of Mission San Diego.

Mission San Luis Rey

Arches make for great pictures.


More arches--this time Mission San Juan de Capistrano


San Juan Capistrano had the most gorgeous gardens.


Redondo Beach Pier


Surfers in Newport Beach, California.

An anxious choir teacher takes a moment to breathe in the ocean air on Choir
Tour at Newport Beach Pier.

Paradise Pier at Disney's California Adventure.


Disney performers are the best--this actress saw me lift my camera, paused,
and gave me that big cheesy grin for my photo. Cute!

This statue can actually bring tears to my eyes.


Disneyland's famous castle.

Emerald Brigade building their pyramids.

Lake Tahoe

A damaged monarch near Lake Tahoe.

Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe


Dad giving a Veteran's Day speech.

Mom and Dad. I love this one.

No comments: