Monday, March 24, 2014

Songs About Hay Fever

Yesterday, my yearly bout with hay fever hit me like a semi truck. Let it be known that I still managed a six-mile run (my longest ever!) because I breathe through my mouth and am able to tie a hankie to my clothes for the duration.

But otherwise, I feel like crap, and if I sneeze one more time, I might cry. Actually, sneezing is making me cry. My eyes won't stop watering. 


So, of course, I have to have a sense of humor about it. Here's some new lyrics I've come up with.


To the tune of "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer":


Meggie, the red-nosed sneezer,

Had a very snotty nose.
And if you ever saw it,
You would think it really gross.

All of the other people
Used to stare and back away
They didn't want poor Meggie
To go sneezing in their face!



And then, my old standby, to the tune of "Deck the Halls."


Deck your ears with sounds of wheezin'

Fa la la la la, la la la la!
'Tis the season to be sneezin'! 
Fa la la la la, la la la la!

Don we now our comfy clothing

Fa la la, la la la, la la la!
Blow our nose, allergies loathing
Fa la la la la, la laaa laaaaa laaaaaa!


I actually stayed home from choir tonight. My head feels like it's stuffed with cotton, I was not in a mood to teach today, my throat hurts (all the sneezing and post-nasal drip), and I'm bloody tired.


I just hope it doesn't turn into a sinus infection. No time for that.