Sunday, February 23, 2014

Awesome!

I got an impromptu workout tonight, watching the last 10 or so laps of the Daytona 500.

First I paced. 

Then I did a simple little ball-change dance with my feet.

Then I started jumping up and down and screaming.

And then my favorite driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr., won the race in commanding fashion. The jumping continued for a few minutes, and the screaming, too. I ran out to the living room to yell, "HE DID IT!!!" to my amused parents (who had gathered that much from the noises coming from my room) while waving my arms in the air and slip-and-sliding on the woods floors in my stockinged feet.

I've been watching Dale since 2001 and I've seen some tremendous highs and some heartbreaking lows. It's been years since he's had a win, though he's had strong finishes, including 2nd place finishes in several Daytona 500s. 

Tonight, he got it, and it was so very, very sweet. 

Congrats, Junebug. Your fans are so proud.


No comments: