Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Randomness

Tomorrow begins the madness. Well, today did. I put in another 12-hour day that included an extra rehearsal, plenty of piano lessons, and my usual gym visit (just later in the day). I even leg-pressed 185 pounds today (next week's goal: 190).

I am busy and thriving and exhausted and marveling at all of the stuff I'm accomplishing. And looking forward to two weeks off--no school, no private lessons, no Sac Choral, just sleeping in, long runs, leisurely gym trips and time with friends and family. And Ms. Millie, who actually sat on my backpack when I got home from choir on Monday night and gave me a look that plainly said, "You are not to leave this house again until you've had a good night's sleep and plenty of cuddles with me."

Who am I to agrue?

Speaking of Ms. Millennium Joy, tomorrow marks our 14-year annifursary. I can hardly believe it's been that long, that my cat is "geriatric" (put in quotes because she acts like a kitten). As I said to Mom tonight, she has caught plenty of tears in her fur over the years, and brought me so much joy. Even my parents acknowledge that she's a pretty special cat.

So, I'm off and running. There are concerts to direct, concerts to sing. Three nights in a row of holiday musical bliss and the exhaustion that comes with it. Sunday, I shall sleep.

Bring it on. I've totally got this.

No comments: