Monday, December 09, 2013

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Literally.

I'm so excited--Summer and I have made big plans for New Year's and it means me seeing a part of California I've never experienced: San Diego.

Yes. I grew up in California and I've never been to San Diego. To be fair...


Yeah. Not an easy trip, really, when you grow up in Sacramento's 'burbs.

Anyway, it will be a crazy adventure. I'll leave Sunday morning (the 29th) on a train from Rocklin to Emeryville, where Summer will pick me up and take me back to her home in Oakland. We'll spend the night there, and set off bright and early on Monday to drive to San Diego. Once there, we're spending two nights in La Jolla at the Marriott. Near the beach. Sand in my toes on New Year's Eve? Yes. Yes. Yes.

On the 1st, we'll head north towards LA, spending one night somewhere in that region. On the 2nd, Summer will drop me off at LAX, where I'll catch a quick flight back to Sacramento while she stays down south to visit her family.

It will be a lot of fun, and of course there will be Instagramming and I'll be pointing my fancy camera at everything, as well. It will be nice to get away for a few days with no responsibilities. It will also be the first time I've been on an airplane since 2008 (unemployment does limit one's travel options, but things are looking up and Southwest has great deals from LAX to SMF).

Anyway, it will be a great trip. I'm always up for a new adventure, and this one will be great!

1 comment:

Erik said...

Ahhhh...San Diego! We're hoping to end up visiting there someday! Possibly in the Spring if my wife gets a few shoots out there. If not- Summer 2015! Massive 6 week family RV trip!!