Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Days of Thankfulness, Day 6

Today's moment of thankfulness is short-but-sweet.

I'm thankful for the parent boosters at GB who are helping me fundraise for choir, and helping me plan our spring tour.

One of the moms is meeting with me today for coffee, and we're going to discuss transportation options to keep the cost of tour down as much as possible. A huge charter bus is way too roomy and expensive with only about 15-20 people going, and I'm at my wit's end trying to figure this all out on my own. This mom has offered to help, and for that, I am extremely grateful.

Since August, the attitude I've had from the parents I've met is, "your job is teaching choir, finding music, grading. If our kids want the extra stuff, we need to step up and help you." This has not always been the case at schools I've worked at. It makes my job so much less stressful to know that I can focus on the most important part of the job--teaching kids.

No comments: