Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Overkill, People. Overkill.

I have, of course, discovered the joys of Pinterest, and introduced them to my mom (who has fallen in love with it and reminds me that pinning pretty things is cheaper than therapy and shopping sprees). Pinterest is great for finding ideas and recipes--last year, Mom and I tried a pumpkin snickerdoodle cookie recipe for a cookie exchange her friend hosted, and Holy Yumminess, Batman!

That said, I'm noticing some recipes popping up that are decadent on the side of overkill. Seriously. Giant Salted Pumpkin Molasses Chocolate Chunk Cookies? (Vegetarian, too!) Or, how about Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies with Nutella-marshmallow-cream cheese filling? It's like someone took all their favorite desserts and threw them in a bowl...before you know it, people who love Red Vines will be baking them into Oatmeal cookies and half of Pinterest will be drooling.

Seriously, though, does anyone find either one of these recipes appetizing? I like salted caramel and chocolate, but I can't imagine salted pumpkin cookies. With molasses (which isn't my favorite thing to begin with). And why, why, why would anyone think Nutella needs improving with marshmallow and cream cheese? It's flavor overkill.

Now, those pumpkin snickerdoodles, however...

No comments: