Sunday, September 01, 2013

A Day In Gold Country

My parents and I drove up to Gold Country today, stopping in Placerville for lunch an then heading to some of our favorite stops--Amador City and Sutter Creek. It was a fun day, and I took a ton of Instagram pics to post next weekend, but also a few on my "new" (had it since January, still figuring it out and yes, I've read the manual) Canon. I love my beautiful state!

Cali Swimmy brought his new girlfriend, Sassy Swimmy, along.

Great old building in Placerville.


There was a thirty-minute wait, so we ate somewhere
else.

I've been trying to get pics of the signs in Drytown for years...today, Dad
said, "Would you like me to stop?" Yes!!







Sutter Creek













Dad stopped the car in Amador City on the way back through, just so I
could get this sign pic. Because OF COURSE.

Coming down Highway 50 towards Folsom while heading home. That's
the enormous and gorgeous Sacramento Valley. You can *just* make
out the city of Sacramento.

Here's an extreme zoom. Folsom is about 30 miles Northeast of Sacramento.

No comments: