Saturday, May 18, 2013

Send Caffeine!

It's a good thing I adore Dona Nobis Pacem and am super-excited about tonight's concert for Sac Choral, because otherwise I'd be really, really grumpy right now.

Yesterday, I left my house at 6:45 to make the 45-minute Rush Hour commute to Petite School. I did my usual thing from 8:00-3:30--teaching, teaching, more teaching, very rushed lunch break, two-hour musical rehearsal.

After school, I headed to Carmichael, where I went to the gym--a club I haven't used before. It was very nice but I didn't know where anything was and felt a bit self-conscious. Especially after I fell off a stability ball. Gymbo Meg is not known for falling off stability balls, so that was a bit embarrassing...especially as some guy had to kick the runaway ball back in my direction.

I managed to snarf down some dinner--which I had brought with me--and then I headed over to Jesuit High School to rehearse with choir. Our rehearsal brought a temporary second wind, and the music was incredible (our orchestra rocks). But by 9:30, I was itching to get home, and it was a very grateful moment when I was able to zoom out of there in Rosie Pro. I got home at about 10:00, and after a shower and a few small chores dealing with unpacking from a day out and packing for a busy day today, I was in bed, passed out, by 11:00.

I woke up feeling hung over this morning, but a shower, some tea and breakfast helped that. I'm off in a few minutes to teach some private lessons, then it's straight to Sacramento to rehearse again before tonight's performance. It's going to be incredible.

And I am so sleeping in tomorrow.

No comments: