Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful...Part 4

I saved the best for last in this little series of posts about being thankful.

I'm thankful for you. Yes, you!

You, the old friend from high school/college/music camp, who knew me as a teenager, remained my friend through the ups and downs of my 20s, and came out the other side still loving me. You, the duck lady or sassy friend who let me go on and on and on about the things in my life, who make me laugh and support me.You, the new friend who appreciates my wit or my quirkiness or my smile or whatever. You, the four people who helped me on my road to fitness and badassness (some more than others, but all of you are appreciated). I'm thankful for the people I've been lucky to meet from various parts of the world, through traveling and other various adventures.

I'm thankful for you, who have taught me more than I have taught you. You'll grow and forget solfege and which symphony it was that Beethoven composed after going deaf, but I won't forget the lessons I learned about being a teacher and a human being just from standing in front of a room and being the Adult In Charge. I'm thankful for you, the boss--the good bosses who gave constructive feedback and made teaching a satisfying career, and yeah, even for you, the bad bosses past, who taught me to have a stronger backbone, and that just because someone's in charge, does not mean they are right.

I'm thankful for you, the non-human best friends who have caught many a teardrop in their fur and put up with even more spontaneous cuddle-bombs and high-pitched vocalized nonsense.

I'm thankful for you, the parents who let me come home--again. And...again. Who love me even when I'm a cranky brat and when I forget to scoop the litter boxes on my day, or when I oversleep three days in a row and make you empty the dishwasher first thing in the morning. The people who, even though I'm 34, are still relieved when I poke my head in the bedroom door and stage-whisper, "I'm home!" after a night out.

And you--the silent reader of this blog who follows my ramblings and adventures. Even if you never comment, I am thankful for you, just for giving my humble Little Pink Blog some attention.

I am thankful for each and every one of you because without you, my life would be a little bit paler, a little less...everything.


Cheers!
Meg of the Little Pink Blog