Monday, August 13, 2012

Random Awesomeness

I have a few pictures and stories to share from the last few days; none of them really make a great blog post on their own, so here's a random little post to share what's going on.

Getting Older, But Also Lighter

Well, how nice was it to weigh in today, the day after my birthday, to find that I was down three pounds from last week? The scale originally said less but I picked up my iPhone (which weighs a whopping six ounces, according to my kitchen scale) to snap this pic.


M. the Reasonable wasn't around the gym this morning (that I could see, anyway, and believe me, I looked because I wanted to brag to him!) so I texted him this picture. He is quite pleased.

Summer Sing Success!

On Thursday night, I drove to Sacramento to attend SCSO's Summer Sing. We sang Faure's Requiem (and we will be singing it in concert in October). Our organization's president, Jim, asked me to take a few pictures with his camera, so I got to run around through the back hallways of St. John's Lutheran, a marvelous old church on 17th and L Streets. Meanwhile, the guy who photographs our concerts, Ronnie Johnson, was there, too, and he got a couple with ME in them. : )

Caught taking a picture...

Shapely Soprano caught watching the conductor. Woohoo!

Sign Pics!

Before our evening got started, I wandered a couple of blocks and got two new sign pics. The flying pig sign is ten shades of awesome.



Emails From China

One of my Chinese students sent me these pics. He went by the American name Joe while he was here, so his email subject lines always say "Joe," which makes me smile. His real name is Xiaohan. Anyway, many of the kids were running around with their cameras on the last day, asking for pictures of us and with us. After taking a regular photo, Joe asked for a silly one, too. I was happy to oblige.








New Job

I stopped by my new school today; I start next week and I'm getting very excited. I've been working on lesson ideas and I have a budget, so we've ordered recorders, some classroom instruments, and other goodies. The principal is super-supportive and I'm looking forward to being part of her team. Good things are coming!


No comments: