Monday, July 16, 2012

Life Is, Indeed, Good.

Today, I weighed in after my workout (3 miles of running, a full circuit of strength training, and 100 meters of swimming--who's awesome? I'm awesome!). I've been more hesitant of late to make my blogging all about the number on the scale and the number on the tag in my jeans, but folks, I gotta brag: I weighed in at exactly 137 pounds, and last week, a pair of Old Navy Sweethearts, size TWO, buttoned and zipped around these shapely hips.

So today, when I weighed in, I was feeling pretty good about life. I saw M. the Reasonable nearby, wrapping things up with a client, so I waited a moment 'til he was free, so I could tell him, "I'm seven pounds from goal, and I got a job."

I paused for dramatic effect, and then, in one of those funny moments you just can't plan, M. and I simultaneously said, quietly but emphatically, "Life is good."

Oh, yes.

M. is one of my biggest supporters and cheerleaders, and he was quite pleased to hear another recent brag--that on Saturday, I ran four miles without stopping, walking, whining, or even feeling like I needed to do any of these things. Four miles! For a lady who usually stops at two-and-a-half and calls it a great run, I was really proud of myself. It helped that I had a running buddy, another 30-something lady who isn't particularly fast but who can get out there and get it done. We chattered nonstop around the track for four miles, and it made the whole time really fly by.

Of course, talk with M. turned to bikes. Because I now have a job for this fall (albeit very part-time), I can spend the money from my little summer gig on a bike for my tri training. M. has promised his help and expertise (cycling is his passion) and as I told him today, "I need all the help I can get!"

So yes, I'm feeling quite blessed right now. I've got my health, some great opportunities, and some really great things going on...and terrific friends like M., some sassy girlfriends, and, as ever, my duck ladies, cheering me on every step of the way.

No comments: