Monday, July 09, 2012

Dearly Beloved, We Gather Here Today...

...to say goodbye to that horrible, awful, no-good...

DOUBT.

May it rest in peace, and stop bugging us all.

Offering a eulogy today is Meg of the Little Pink Blog. She got to know doubt very well over the years, and she has a few things to say...

Well, so long, doubt. It wasn't very nice to know you. We had some interesting adventures, and sometimes, I managed to evade you long enough to do awesome things like move to England to teach for a year, or climb Mt. Diablo to conquer a few personal demons.

But still, you stayed close. No matter how many times I didn't return your phone calls, you found your way to my door, and because of you, I ate my feelings, felt stupid at the gym, and didn't believe in myself. Because of you, I thought that maybe that boss of mine was right when she evaluated me poorly. It was you, doubt, that made me look at pictures of myself and hate what I saw. It was you who made me avoid mirrors. It was you who kept me feeling unlovable and unworthy.

You are gone now. I have crushed you out of my life. Oh, I'm sure from time to time I'll remember you and start to feel your crushing presence creep back in, but I've learned a few things. I've learned how to recognize you, how to push you away, how to call for help from my new friend, Certainty. Certainty believes in me, and pushes me forward in every run, every swim, every job interview. 

Certainty is positive, encouraging, and true. You, Doubt, are everything I mean to avoid now. For three years, I have fought you. And finally...

I WIN.

Rest in peace, Doubt. You'll not be missed.

Source
 

No comments: