Thursday, February 23, 2012

London

My blogging mojo of late has been lacking, and today, Richard of Keane posted a couple of pics of gorgeous London on Twitter, making me miss the place like crazy. So...here are some pics of my most favorite city in the world...all taken by Yours Truly in 2004-2005.

St. Stephen's Tower, my favorite London icon (it's the
bell inside that is called Big Ben...did you know?).

Looking towards Parliament from Trafalgar Square.

The British Museum

A Dali sculpture near the London Eye (yes, that is the top of 
Big Ben in the left bottom corner.)

Kensington Palace, about 10 minutes before the sun disappeared and the
clouds opened up, leaving me soaked.

On July 6, 2005, London was awarded the 2012 games. On July 7, that
beautiful city suffered a terrorist attack.

Marble Arch

Peter Pan statue in Kensington Gardens

At King's Cross Station

Just a random building that caught my eye.

Summer in Trafalgar Square

A beggar in Kensington Gardens.

The Old Vic...Kevin Spacey's London theater home.

No comments: