Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quiet

I've been quiet the last few days--I guess I just haven't had much inspiration to blog, and I've been busy with my normal working out and job-hunting duties.

Tomorrow I run my first 5K of 2012, and my first timed 5K ever. I'm nervous and excited and ready to get out there and get it done. M. the Reasonable has been encouraging me all week and told me to send him a text when I finish. He's really awesome about giving kudos when I need them.

Today was my rest day, so I've mostly just sat around. I watched a whole movie without getting up from the bed (since I've adopted a more active lifestyle, I sometimes find it hard to sit still for long periods of time) and cuddled with the cats.

It's supposed to be rainy and windy tomorrow, which isn't ideal for running a whole 5K (my normal running route these days is 2.5 miles, and a 5K is 3.1--I can do it but it's going to feel a lot longer in comparison, especially in rain and wind). I'll survive, though! I've got my red shirt ready to go, and I've devised a "leash" for Cali Swimmy so he can ride along on my wrist. It won't just be Cali going on a run with me tomorrow, but also my friends in ducky madness!

So it's off to bed early for me tonight--I have to be up early to eat a healthy breakfast and get ready. I want to get to the race venue early so I don't have to fight too hard for parking, and so I can walk and stretch a bit. I'll probably do the foam roller at home before I go.

Wish me luck!

No comments: