Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Christmas Poem For Runners

'Twas the day before Christmas
And all through Lincoln
People were eating,
Making merry and drinkin'.

But I had a goal
And it couldn't have been plainer
As I pulled on my socks
And laced up my trainers.

While everyone,
Warm in their homes, had some fun
I plugged in my iPod
And went for a run.

My muscles protested
(They usually do)
And my brain thought of
All yummy holiday foods.

"On quadriceps, hamstrings!
On calves and Achilles!"
I shouted, "No shin splits!
Just run, if you please!"

First left foot, then right foot
My arms started swinging
The sweat dripped down
And my clothes started clinging.

While others stayed inside
Watching the telly
I pounded the pavement
'Til my legs turned to jelly.

Then finally I had
Reached the day's goal
I'm a good girl, Santa
So for me, no coal!

So for all the good runners
Who do this for fun...

Merry Christmas to all
And to all, a good run!

No comments: