Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Random Pics and Updates

I've just packed my Snoopy collection, and am sitting down now for a quick tea break before I clean my super-messy kitchen. I bought a bunch of fresh veggies and fruit yesterday--just because I'm moving doesn't mean I can't eat healthy food! (Let's just ignore that grilled-cheese sandwich I made on the Foreman Grill last night, with cheddar and cream cheese. Oh, yum.)

I'm making very good progress, and now I'm thinking that I'll spend much of my time here next week just twiddling my thumbs, wishing I hadn't gotten everything done in one week.

Anyway, I have some pics I've taken over the last few days and thought I'd share them.


On Saturday, Mom bought me a birthday cupcake. We didn't have cake on
my birthday because we're all watching what we eat.

I took this to show my girls how much I love it (just need to do the same for
the red piano hoodie but left that at Mom and Dad's for the duration of the move).


I'm not afraid of no stinkin' lawn mower!

On Sunday I did four loads of laundry and utilized Mom and Dad's clothesline.
I love the clothesline.

Swimmy had a quick paddle in Mom and Dad's bird bath.

Dad nearly killed the lawn from over-fertilizing. But I mowed it like a pro!

Succulent garden

We spent some time on Sunday wiping out plastic storage bins that had been
stored in the shed.

Then Mom and I sorted all this yarn and put it in bins
so I can use this cabinet for books and DVDs. The big
thing next to the cabinet is my bed.

We also cleared all this fabric out and found a home
for it in Mom's craft room, so I can use this cabinet for
other odds and ends.

My normally tidy 2nd bedroom, with a small mountain of
moving stuff.

After I moved to Stockton, I gave the boxes to my dad's friend. They've been
used in the meantime for a move or two and returned to John. Now they're back
to me, and I laughed to see that when I made the Antioch-to-Stockton move
I labeled this one as having my $5 peacock (bought on clearance at Pier 1 Imports
when I moved to Antioch in 2006).

No comments: