Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'm Here!

It's been a busy few days. Yesterday, I drove up to Lake Tahoe to meet another Keane friend, Karen. She was there for a work conference this week, and Friday was her last day, so we drove around a bit and had a lovely lunch. We chatted about Keane and other things we have in common and it was so much fun. Another awesome friend through my favorite band!

Today, Dad and I drove to Stockton to load up my desk, computer and piano. I am now blogging from my own computer in my bedroom at Mom and Dad's house. This makes me happy for many reasons:

  1. It's MY computer, with all of my files and pictures and documents on it...and my iTunes library, which is currently playing.
  2. I don't have to share it with anyone! If Mom wants a turn on the computer, she can go in her room and use her computer without having to kick me off.
  3. I can use the computer at any time of day or night. No, "Meg, Dad needs to shower...get out." No, "We're going to bed...turn it off." If I wake up at 3:30 in the morning, I can log into Facebook to whine about it. 
It's a tight squeeze. I've been joking that it's like being in a college dorm room again. But I've got my things and there is comfort in that. Cali Swimmy has just been placed in his customary place in front of the monitor and my raggedy old Snoopy doll is in one of the cabinets next to the bed. I brought my own pillows up, rather than using the ones Mom kept in here for my visits--they're more comfortable for me.

The only thing left is to get the rest of my craft stuff and a set of Rubbermaid drawers in which I'll keep my underwear and socks (currently in boxes in my closet).

Tomorrow, I think I'll go for a good, long run and then spend the day relaxing. I've earned it!

No comments: