Friday, July 29, 2011

MacGyver

Last Friday, as Summer and I sat at the BART station waiting to ride into the city, I pulled my camera out of my purse--and the batteries fell out.

"Oh no!" I cried in dismay. "My camera is broken!"

Turns out the latch that keeps the battery compartment shut broke--thus rendering the camera unusable, unless I could find a way to keep it shut. I turned to Summer. "Do you have any tape?"

Then..."Waitaminute."

I remembered how, a few minutes earlier, in the car, Summer had asked me to take the small first aid kit in her glove compartment out and put it in her purse. She had a blister and wanted to keep bandages on hand.

"Can I have a band-aid?"

"Sure."

And there you have it, folks. As Summer put it, a very MacGyver solution to my problem, which allowed me to take pictures at the mission and beyond.

Photo credit: Summer. Band-aid: Summer. Facial expression: Pure Dork.

No comments: