Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Boot Camp

Today I had another great run--I pushed myself to run for 10 straight minutes without walking, and felt pretty impressed with myself. As I approached the gym a little while later, I found a sign on the door mentioning a new Boot Camp class. I inquired at the check-in desk and found out it was set for 5:30 today. I signed up, did a few minutes on the cycle, and came home, figuring I'd go back for a little butt-kicking.

I had asked G. the Meanie about it on my way out this morning and he said, "Oh, Alex is running it. He's good. You should do it."

"I signed up."

"Good. He's really good at this stuff."

Gershom is...well, he's like me. I'm really hard on other female singers. He's hard on other trainers. So when he says a trainer is really good, that means I'm in for some hard working out.

And indeed I was. The class was one hour and we did several jumping jacks, push-ups, Burpees, lunges, squats, sit-ups, crunches, leg-lifts (including a new variation I'd never done where you balance on one buttock and an elbow and do a sideways leg-lift--KILLER), and a few other exercises for grins. Like 200 "bunny hops" without stopping. My calves were screaming. My face was purple. I was drenched with sweat.

As I walked home, my legs felt a bit jelly-like. But I just grinned and let that butt-just-kicked feeling of a really good workout spread all over me.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Meg's back in business.

No comments: