Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Celebrating Stockton: The Embarcadero Loop

Yesterday, I woke up early, had a fantastic workout, and completed my job-hunting to-do list for the whole day by 1:00. The sun was out after two straight weeks of rain, rain, rain, so I decided to go for a walk. Three miles later, I had some great pictures and a great excuse to spend most of the rest of the day on the couch.

Since I've become a runner, I've started using, quite often, a course I call the Embarcadero Loop. I usually start an the intersection about half a block from the entrance to my apartment complex, which is the intersection of Cumberland and Ben Holt. Taking the loop--which is an even 2 miles, takes you down Ben Holt, which turns into Embarcadero, then Fourteen Mile, then Cumberland, which, of course, loops back to that intersection at my apartment complex.

I basically did this route yesterday, except that I veered off to the right onto Swain to head back up Herndon Place (which intersects Ben Holt on the other side of my complex) and pop into Marina Market. I took one little detour to one of Stockton's many marinas. There's a lot of water in this part of the world, and a lot of boating.


The Embarcadero Loop is a lovely neighborhood--one of many very pretty neighborhoods in the North-West corner of Stockton. I took a lot of pictures yesterday. I hope you enjoy them.

Just out my front door--a view of treetops and sky.

Looking back at my apartment--the red-brown building on the right is mine--that near front door is mine, too.

Towards the front of the complex
In the middle of the complex.
At the very front entrance, looking back.

Out on Ben Holt, looking left.

...and looking right, which is the direction I walked.

Just down Ben Holt. More apartments and some condos.

At the entrance to the marina.

Tennis courts

Mt. Diablo off in the distance.

Another view of Diablo.


There was no sign saying I couldn't, so I walked out onto this for some shots.




Down the road a little--a cute mailbox.

Man-made water way on the opposite side of the loop from the marina.

DUCK!

Not exactly modest housing. The next two pictures are the house for sale.






I stopped to play on the swings. They had graffiti. This is still Stockton, after all.

At Grupe Park--the hill in the background is a levee.

Marina Market, just across Herndon from my apartment complex. I do most of my shopping here.
In the same shopping center--my home away from home, where the magic happens.



There's no place like home--this is what greeted me when I opened the front door.

No comments: