Thursday, November 18, 2010

Home Sweet Home...Part 3

I've been meaning to do this post for a while now, but just kept getting busy with other stuff. After a recent cleaning, I took some pictures of my bedroom looking its best.

My bedroom is sort of awkward in that there's really only one way you can position the bed, especially if, like me, you have a Queen bed. But it works for me, even though I have to walk around to the far side to get in and out--I'm funny like that. I sleep on the left side and I must enter and exit the bed from that side. One of my lovable little quirks.

My room has a sort of travel theme, you'll see.

To the right in this picture (or to the left if you're lying on the bed), is my night table. There you see my well-loved and well-worn old Snoopy doll, and Harry Bear, who I bought in England for those days when I just needed something to hug. There are a few dried tears in his fur. There's a mountain of unread books (recent Amazon purchase and recent trip to the used bookstore...yay!), my never-used alarm clock (we have random power outtages every few months and so I use my cell phone alarm instead) and a box of tissue. The cord haning down is my wall unit A/C.


What I was reading (since finished) when I took these pictures. VERY GOOD READ.

US History, European History, kids books, pithy romances...my tastes are all over the place.

Near the bed is this wonderful framed comic strip--Dad bought this off of Lynn Johnston's website for my birthday a few years back, so it's personalized and signed by her. Very cool!

Three layers of pillows--my king-sized pillows in faded light green cases, my regular pillows in the flowered cases, and two decorative pillows in shams.

At the foot of the bed is an afghan that Mom crocheted for me a few years ago. Perfect for cold nights!

The view out my bedroom window.

London poster

Yes, I have a map of England on my wall. I bought this in Washington.

The map even has Burnham on it!

Here's Burnham in relation to London:

And for my Keane friend fans, here it is in relation to Battle, East Sussex:

World map:

One of my coolest pieces is Dad's old footlocker. Please note, Daddy, that I have blocked off your SSN! The suitcase is from Michaels, and the pictures are from Rome.


Mom mad this adorable heart that hangs on the door handle. It's been mangled by kittens (Bella, Duchess and Harley) over the years.

From the door, a view to the right:

 The other night table, home to my jewelry boxes.

Mom brought this home for me from Asia. I keep necklaces and bracelets in it.

The mirror and candle were gifts from Summer on my 29th birthday.

Earrings and rings:

The top of my dresser: a painting by a street artist in Paris, two antique cat figurines, a cat painting from a street artist in Rome, a set of photo albums...


This was my graduation gift from Mom and Dad when I finished uni:

Inside is a compass--the inscription on the box has the date of my graduation.

One of my favorite pieces of my Peanuts collection.

I piss and moan about obnoxious neighbors and a galley kitchen, but let me tell you, my closet ROCKS. It's huge.

Workout stuff...

 Endless scrapbooks...

I love scarves...


I keep my wreath box, travel backpack (bought in England) and laundry-drying rack in the back corner.
 Some favorite bits of my wardrobe: The infamous "And That's When I Snapped" t-shirt, my adorable Snoopy "I Love Nerds" t-shirt, my Keane Night Train Tour shirt, and Dad's old jacket.

My trusty running shoes, kept off the floor, just in case a certain ginger cat should decide he's in the mood for eating shoelaces.

Back of the door: bathrobe, the bag has my Chorale dress-from-hell in it, my swimsuit and beach towel.

This is my awesome flocati rug from Spain. Mom and Dad gave it to me and I love this thing to no end. But it doesn't work in my living room with the way my furniture is set up, so I put it in the bedroom.

Looking towards the closet/dresser...


No comments: