Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Diary of a Hot Girl -- Update

It's been a while since I've blogged about my fitness/weight loss. The good news is that my fitness has mostly stayed the same. The bad news is that my weight is also staying the same.

However, with the way my summer has been, it's actually quite good that I'm maintaining, and not gaining weight. Though I was a few pounds up yesterday when I weighed in and I don't know if that's monthly water retention or an indication that I need to get my butt in gear again.

Thing is, I'm bored with running. To the point where I've gotten "lazy" and turned to almost exclusively doing the Stair Master and some skips/sprints/drills at the gym. My friend Maayan pointed out on Facebook that using "lazy" and "Stair Master" in the same sentence is actually an oxymoron, but after months of building up my running skills, it does feel a little lazy.

I went for a decent run on Monday morning, and yesterday I did the stairs thing.

This morning, I decided to try a DVD I rented from Blockbuster recently: The New York City Ballet Workout. I put on my workout gear and put my hair in a cute little ballerina bun. I listened to Sarah Jessica Parker rave about gorgeous ballet bodies and grace and elegance. Then I got started.

The warm-ups were easy enough, though I'll have to work on the form of the movements a little. Then we got to abs.

Oh, Lord.

It was simple enough at the start, and actually, had I not gotten sick, I'm sure I would have made it through the abs with minimal drama. The exercises are difficult, but nothing I can't handle. But perhaps I attempted them a little too soon after my breakfast smoothie...whatever it was, I found myself hunched over my kitchen sink, losing some of that smoothie to the garbage disposal.

I gave myself a few minutes to take deep breaths and drink some water, then tried again. Alas, I immediately started feeling dizzy and sick to my stomach again. So I'm abandoning the DVD for today and trying again tomorrow. Next time, I'll wait longer after having breakfast.

I refuse to give up! I didn't give up back in February when I threw up while running with Gershom, and I won't give up now.

Guess I'll go to the gym and do the stairs, then.

No comments: