Monday, May 17, 2010

One-Woman Slumber Party

The last few days have been sort of busy. Going back to Thursday, really. There was Open House, a dress rehearsal, two choir concerts, the usual weekend chores (grocery shopping, laundry, keeping the apartment clean). Today has been busy. There's the normal daily working out to contend with, and tonight Chorale had it's annual end-of-year banquet.

I'm wiped out. I went to one of the 8th grade classes during their 6th period today to teach them the song they'll be singing at promotion next week, and while I waited for the teacher to start class off, I sat at his table falling asleep.

So yesterday, I arrived home from the concert (after a lovely dinner with two wonderful Chorale people) to find that Harley had barfed on my bed. I had actually made my bed for a change yesterday, folding the comforter down decoratively and arranging the pillows. So Harley, with his impeccable aim, got both the fitted sheet and the comforter. Thankfully, he missed the pillows.

It was too late in the evening and I was too tired to even think about laundering all that stuff, so I pulled out my sofa and had a one-woman slumber party in the living room. Due to today being busy, I haven't had time to wash my sheets and comforter yet, so it looks like another night of sofa slumber party is in order. Fortunately, it's comfortable.

I'll do the laundry tomorrow. I am taking the day off of work to go to a Hire Event in downtown Stockton. Hopefully there will be some good job leads. I'd really like to stick around.

1 comment:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

That's it hon... lemonade from lemons!