Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Glamour Girl

Okay, okay. This is the last you will see about the hideous scarf-from-hell. I just couldn't resist one last post, and it's making me giggle, so it's served its purpose.

Last night was the annual end-of-year banquet and general meeting for Chorale. I took the much-maligned scarf with me, as I had not paid for it. When I presented it to the lady in charge of doling out (and, I assumed, collecting) the scarves, I received a wrinkled nose, raised eyebrow and, "You wore it twice. You can't give it back."

Um, okay.

At this point, I could only laugh. So I gave my section leader the three dollars (price had gone up since Thursday because no one wanted to deal with quarters) and stuffed the ugly scarf in my purse.

Now, what does one do with the Ugliest Scarf In the Whole Wide World?

Duh, you wear it while cleaning!

I wore it poncho-style while vacuuming...


...and over my nose for scooping the litter boxes.


I reverted to my inner 80s big-bow loving little girl while scrubbing the toilet.

It did look rather fetching with my rubber gloves as I washed the dishes.

I "draped" it just like our fashion-designer Diva did for all the ladies this weekend...and then I mopped.

I did an interpretive dance just for fun, and even let Millie get in on the joy.



So I stand corrected. There are all kinds of uses for the World's Most Hideous Scarf. It will provide me years of house-cleaning fashion fun.

3 comments:

Miz Minka said...

The one with the toilet brush is my favorite. :D

Brandi said...

This may very well be the greatest blog post ever...Still giggling!! :) Thanks for starting off my day with a huge smile!!!!!

HubbleSpacePaws said...

OK, woman... you've got the lemonade thing nailed!! Uber creative use of the world's ugliest scarf! I'm calling it quits and going to bed with a huge grin on my face!