Saturday, May 15, 2010

Calm

Let's face it, I'm fiery.

At least, that's my polite way of saying I have moments of such brattiness and contrariness that I take even my own breath away. Last night is an excellent example...though, from stories that have come down the wires since it happened, Ms. Diva has, in the past, been an arrogant snot to others and fancies herself too good for some of the "shit" we do in Chorale.

But enough about her. And enough about those silly scarves.

Today, I am calm.

For starters, I had a lovely glass of wine (and whine) when I got home last night. It made me sleepy, so by 11:30, I was out like a light. I woke up at 3:00 because of a loud party in a nearby apartment and called it in to security, but then I slept again pretty much without interruption until about 8:30, when I awoke to Millie and Harley both seated next to me, gazing down on the sleeping giant with expressions that clearly said, "We really ought to wake her, it's long past time for her to go to this place she calls 'work' and it's kind of sad to see her being such a lazy slug."

I lolled in bed for another hour, finally getting up only because I couldn't put off going to the bathroom anymore. I had a smoothie for breakfast (as usual) and suited up for a trip to the gym. After some time on the Stair Master, some sit-ups, and some stretching, I let G. the Meanie know that I just don't have a five-mile run in me today. And there may not be time tomorrow. He was understanding for a change, and I promised to attempt the five-miler at least one time before I see him on Friday.

I came home and did a few necessary things around the apartment: scooping litter boxes, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, running the vacuum around. I did a couple loads of laundry and finally straightened up a few messes I'd left around the place.

By 2:00, I was finished, and it was time to do something I'd promised myself for days: I wandered over to the complex pool and sat out for a while with a book. The pool is far too cold, so I basked on a lounge chair and got some Vitamin D. I'm very careful about skin protection, but I still did manage to get some color on my glow-in-the-dark legs.

I came home after an hour and had a lovely shower. I made a quick trip to the grocery store and now I find myself back home with fresh strawberries and raspberries and lemon sorbet. The cats are fast asleep on the couch, and I may join them in a bit to watch a movie.

Tomorrow is a busy day full of running, cat cage-cleaning at PetCo, and more costume drama. For now, however, I am calm.

1 comment:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Glad to hear G was reasonable. He knows you're committed. And glad it was an "ahhhh" day... good to rejuvinate.