Monday, April 12, 2010

Love--By Shae

My friend Shae is one of those people that I feel honored to know. We didn't meet in the traditional way--we were both Dale Jr. fans posting at a message board for die-hard fans. When the drama got to be too much at that board, about 20 people--mostly women, and one man--formed a private message board. This was in 2003 or 2004. Most of us still check in from time to time, and our friendships are as real to us as those we've formed in the "real world."

Shae (from Texas) and I had an opportunity to actually meet in June 2007. She was visiting an old college friend in California, so I met up with her in San Francisco and gave her the grand tour. I found her to be as witty, caring and delightful in person as she comes across on the internet. She is one of those inspirational people who has gone through so much in her life, but come out the other side better for it. She has an eye for beauty and a way of capturing things--in pictures and words--that often takes my breath away.

I came across this on Facebook tonight, and I immediately asked for permission to share. Shae graciously said I could, so I present a gorgeous picture she took, and the simple but incredible caption she attached to it.


He loves me.
He loves me not...
I love myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's an amazing quote, I hope that everyone can say that!

---Amy xxxx