Thursday, March 04, 2010

The Little Things

It's funny. I still feel like a big girl, even though the clothes are getting smaller. Sometimes I still walk around with the mindset that I am big, and it surprises me to find that, no, really, I'm shrinking.

Case in point: A week or two ago, I was doing some sit-ups with G. the Meanie. He was holding my feet and ordering me to not let go of my arms (the form for this is to keep my arms crossed over my chest). At one point I started laughing, and G., of course, wanted to know what was so funny.

"I'm trying to hold on to my shoulders. Used to be I could just grab onto the fat, but there's not much to hold onto anymore!" It still surprises me to find that my arms have some muscle tone to them.

A few nights ago, I was getting out of the shower. I wrapped my towel around myself and stepped in front of the bathroom mirror. That's when it hit me: I used to have a huge gap in the towel. I could barely wrap it around myself; it was always slipping because there wasn't enough towel to anchor under my armpit. I was simply too big to be wrapped up in a normal-sized bath towel.

These days, there's no gap. Hell, there's an overlap.

Tonight, I thought it would be fun to take a picture of this phenomenon. Not wanting to post a picture of myself wearing only a towel, I first put on my swimsuit.



This led to even more revelations. See, my swimsuit, bought last summer, is a 16W.



I, obviously, am not.

I still have some work to do. But mark this as the FIRST TIME EVER that I've willingly taken a picture of myself in a swimsuit. Not to mention posting it on my blog.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so happy for you!! I am struggling with my weight right now and you are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Ihave2Nicholases said...

You are amazing, Meg! Seriously, you've inspired me to hire a personal trainer. I need a meanie to keep me on track. Congratulations! You are doing so fantastically well!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You look so happy :)

---Amy xxxx

Sa said...

You look amazing!!!

Cara Davis said...

You look great, sweetie!