Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Music Nerd

A few weeks ago, I got my clarinet out and played for a bit. I played along with songs from my iTunes library, figuring out the melodies by ear and laughing at the fact that it takes a big-time nerd to play Weezer's "Buddy Holly" on a clarinet.

It was the first time I've had fun playing clarinet in ages. I played all through high school and college. College burned me out. Working my ass off to get a B-minus on my senior recital was just the bitter icing on a rotten cake.

Of course, I sing and play piano still, and get great enjoyment from both. And pulling out my beloved Buffet R13 and actually having fun was priceless. I left it out by my desk, thinking, "Really, dear Buffet, we must do this more often."

I pulled out my camera to experiment. My new Nikon takes absolutely stunning close-up shots.





I was one happy Music Nerd.

No comments: