Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Reminiscing

Today, in my daily call to Mom and Dad, I got talking to Dad about a few memories of Grandma and Grandpa Bean.

They were, obviously, Mom's parents. They lived in Sacramento all of my life, in the same house on Redding Avenue. Aaron and I used to visit them all the time, often spending the night. Grandma used to pretend that my ratty old Snoopy doll could talk to her.

Anyway, Dad suggested that I start writing my memories down. He has been thinking he ought to write a book called Green Street, about growing up on Green Street in the greater Salt Lake City area. I thought about it, and realized I have the perfect venue for writing down my family memories. You're reading it.

So every once in a while, I am going to make a point of sharing family memories, and maybe some pictures, as I get them scanned into my computer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I love hearing stories and memories from people's lives.

Makes sense, considering the field I'm in.

Meg said...

I meant to do one tonight, but got busy with other stuff! I'll be getting to them soon, though.