Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday in the City

Today, I extended my birthday celebrations by meeting up with my Jez friend Dani in San Francisco. Summer came along, too, and we three Singing Fools had a grand time at Pier 39 (Dani simply HAD to see the sea lions--I wouldn't let her leave San Francisco without seeing them!).





We ate lunch at a surf-themed place on the pier. My pizza was HUGE. I indulged and had a Cosmopolitan. It had a sword.




We went to the fun hat store. I bought a hat (but just a black, floppy sun hat, nothing too crazy).







We went to the Fudge House and the cutesy store with stuff for pets (the catnip cigar says "El gato muy loco." I was tempted, believe me).





It was a lovely, sunny day, and the flowers were gorgeous.




After a few hours, we dropped Dani back at her hotel. I drove Summer home to Oakland, then drove another hour inland to my own home.

It was a fun day--the perfect end to my week-long birthday celebrations! Dani is awesome--she didn't even blink an eye at my crazy driving. See, I'm nice in person, but put me behind the wheel of a car in California, and I'm pretty much a raving lunatic. Oh, and I get lost. A lot.

Summer's used to me by now. And I must say, she's an excellent navigator.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous that you two got to meet each other! Glad it went well!

<3

Meg said...

Slowly, but surely, we Jezzies are all meeting each other!