Saturday, August 01, 2009

Officially Lazy

What a glorious day today is!

The end of my first week back was just as busy-but-fun as the opening half. I was definitely ready for my weekend, just to relax a little. I "slept in" until 7:30 this morning, but wasn't quite ready to get up, so I lounged around in bed with a book until 10:00. Once I got up, I did a few small chores because Summer is coming this afternoon to scrapbook, and so we can catch up on all the news in each others' lives since we saw each other last, which must have been the weekend of Independence Day. How a month can fly by so fast, I don't know.

Anyway, I gave the litterboxes their due (and I let them go a few days longer than I should have--horrible mama) and vacuumed the 2nd bedroom, where we scrapbook. I'm not about to make Summer sit three feet away from two stinky litter boxes.

While I was at it, I ran the Hoover around the rest of the place, bleached the bathroom sink and toilet, and opened the airs for fresh air. I can hear other apartments' A/C units buzzing away, which shocks me, because it is gorgeous outside today. Not hot at all, and we're nearing 1:00 in the afternoon.

I've showered and now I'm just waiting around. Summer just called and should be here in 30 minutes or so. Maybe I'll peruse the world wide weird, or go grab the book I've been reading (Dress Your Family In Courdoroy and Denim by David Sedaris) and plop down on the couch with Millie and Harley.

Tomorrow will be all about lesson plans and grocery shopping and prepping food for the week to follow, but for today, I'm enjoying the chance to do what I please.

No comments: