Saturday, August 29, 2009

Crazy Cat Lady (AGAIN): Day 1

Mom and Dad are driving to Utah tomorrow to visit my aunt and uncle, then up to Idaho to see my brother, his wife, and their kids. They'll be gone a week, so they called on me to babysit the Kindergatos.

They drove to my place today with Bella and Duchess in tow, and arrived looking slightly revolted, saying, "One of them pooped."

Turns out it was Duchess. It's always Duchess. See, she has these fabulous fuzzy buns. Add a little poo and a closed-up cat carrier, and you've got Poozy Buns. We let her out of the carrier, and she immediately ran to hide under my bed, leaving little pooplettes in her wake. I set about picking them up with a paper towel, and then we scared her out and dipped her in the bathtub.

She was not happy.

Bella, meanwhile, hid under my bed, cowering and hoping she wouldn't get a bath, too. It's her lucky day.

Mom and Dad closed themselves in the bathroom with a crying Duchess, and I went around looking for pooplettes. A few minutes later the door open and Duchess emerged, her back half looking rather like a drowned rat. Turns out her gorgeous, fluffy tail is actually a skinny little thing when it's not puffed out in its full glory.

Bewildered and humiliated, and smelling of John Frieda's Simply Blonde shampoo, Duckie darted under my bed to join her sister, and both have been there since. I suppose in a little while they'll emerge, looking for food and water. That's the usual pattern when they come to stay.

Let the good times roll.

No comments: