Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Good Grief, People!

Children should play. It is summer vacation, and I am a huge proponent of letting them go outside and run around, play ball, make up games with rules that no one can keep track of--all of it. But I draw the line at getting into other peoples' stuff, or sitting outside of someone's open living room window screaming for fun.

And that's what the obnoxious little turds in my apartment complex seem to like to do.

I took this video today to illustrate two things:

1. How NOISY the music is from the maintenance people who are renovating recently-vacated apartments. Hey, listen to music--goodness knows I much prefer working to music than silence--but can you keep it down so the rest of us can enjoy the gorgeous, not-too-hot day out there with our windows open? I finally called management and asked if they could say something. A few minutes later...blessed silence.

2. The obnoxious children, and the fact that you can take a teacher out of her classroom for the summer, but you can't take the classroom management out of the teacher. I saw these boys playing with something outside my neighbors' apartment. This apartment does not have children. They do have various plants and doo-dads on their front doorstep. These boys had no business getting into this stuff. So, I called them on it.

Pardon the poor quality--this is, after all, a Kodak EasyShare, not state-of-the-art video equipment--it makes me sound like I have a major lisp.

Without further ado, a 45-second video of A Day in the Life of MVW (my complex).

3 comments:

Dani said...

Haaaahahaha. You sound exactly like myself. That's PRECISELY what I've told children before. Oh man.

Meg said...

I'm at a point where I'm not afraid to call kids out when they're into something they shouldn't be. And I simply don't care if their parents are offended.

Kristine said...

In some ways, I'm sad we moved out of the apartment and the kids have a harder time finding friends to play with. But at least we don't see all the neighbors kids wandering aimlessly down the street . . . Oh, and the parents that are offended by you telling the kids "no" are the ones with serious problems.

Gotta love the music. They worked on the apartment upstairs after we moved in last fall. Whatever it was that they were doing with the floor was 10x worse than the music they were playing!