Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Eye Contact

Good ole 24 Hour Fitness. I spend some time there these days--and so do a lot of very fit men.

I'll admit, there is still enough of the old "I'll always be fat" girl in me that I sometimes doubt my own attractiveness to the other sex. I'm getting there. But after making the guy at Rasputin Music laugh a few times today, I was feeling pretty good about myself, so I strut into the gym and immediately looked up to make eye contact with--hmmm, not bad.

Not bad at all.

My usual response in this type of situation is to immediately look away--down, to the side, up, at my cell phone--anywhere but into the eyes of the guy. But not today. No, today, I continued to look.

He raised his eyebrows and smiled slightly--perhaps shyly? I smiled back, and kept walking, not breaking eye contact until we had passed each other.

No comments: