Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dear Neighbors,

I don't know who you are, or which apartment you live in, but I am still going to talk to management today. There is something really, really obnoxious about standing outside in the common area at 11:30 at night, talking and laughing at high volume. I'm glad you and your buddies are having a good time, but I was just falling asleep when you started your little outdoor party.

So I found myself wide awake, and kind of angry. Of course I called security! Turns out, I wasn't the first. He'd already talked to you earlier, and, bless him, he came out again. I watched from my bedroom window as you high-tailed it back into your apartment when his car approached.

Yes, it was Saturday night, and no, I don't work on Sundays. However, I'm trying to retrain my body to getting up early because I go back to work tomorrow after two weeks off. I also wanted to go to the gym early this morning. THAT didn't happen.

So I fell back to sleep and all should have been well, but no...you had to blast your music all over the parking lot at 1:30 this morning. There is NO WAY you didn't know that your music was too loud, which leads me to believe that you simply don't care. You don't give one flying rat's butt if your music is too loud and wakes up the entire complex. And that makes you, my dear neighbor, an asshole.

Before you puff up with pride, know that I don't mean this as a compliment. I hope, with all my heart, that karma kicks you in the butt sometime soon, and you find your sleep patterns disrupted by insomnia. When I drive by your apartment in the morning as I leave for work, I'll be the well-rested one cheerfully going about her business.

In the meantime, know that I'm definitely talking to management about this--I don't pay the rent I pay to put up with people like you. Also, know that if there is a next time--I will bypass the security people and call the police department.

Sweet dreams,

Your pissed-off, sleep-deprived neighbor.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

I'm glad we got to move into a house. The college students talking (and smoking, I think) in the stairwell after drinking in their apartment was getting pretty annoying. Never got toooo bad or too late though. As it was, we could mostly ignore it. And we didn't hear too much late night music. I guess it helps that our building only had 3 bed apts - mostly families instead of students.