Thursday, February 12, 2009

One-Woman Slumber Party

Ahh, the joy of cats.

On Tuesday, I found a little bit of kitty vomit on my comforter. I cleaned it up and figured I'd tuck that part away until I could wash it on the weekend.

I came home yesterday to an even bigger puddle of upchuck (it's not Millie-barf, so that leaves Harley--how sad and strange that I can differentiate my cats' barf). There was no question--the comforter must be washed. I dragged it over to the complex laundry room, as my little washer/dryer is not big enough. When I pulled it out of the dryer, it seemed dry, but had a big damp patch in the middle.

This explains why I slept on my pull-out sofa last night.

I pulled every blanket I have, arranged my pillows just so, and settled in to watch a little bit of Shrek 2 before going to sleep. My kitties were a little baffled, but quickly figured things out.

So I had a one-woman (and two cats!) slumber party last night, which explains why today, I was exhausted.



3 comments:

Cara Davis said...

But did y'all do each other's nails?

Meg said...

No...even though Harley needs a trim like you wouldn't believe!

They did try to do my hair, but I wasn't in the mood.

Miz Minka said...

I used to have a red tabby who liked to come up behind me when I was sitting on the couch (he'd walk on the backrest), shove his head into the nape of my neck and chew and nose around in my hair. :D Not exactly my idea of a 'do either, but I sure thought it was sweet!