Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dear Person Who Cleaned Out a Craft Room,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I got a call this afternoon from our attendance clerk, telling me there was craft stuff up for grabs in the mail room. After school, I went to check it out, and found a gold mine of beads, garlands, little ribbon flowers, and all kinds of crafty gizmos.

Here's the thing: In about two weeks, I'm going to have my kids make Mardi Gras masks. I bought some feathers and sequins, and some sparkly pipe cleaner, but that was it. Anything more, and it started getting too expensive. Plastic beads at the craft store are outrageous!

Your donation just gave me a TON of awesome stuff. My girls will love the little flowers and sparklie garland things, and I know all of my kids are going to make some awesome masks.

Whoever you are, thank you for thinking of my school. Other teachers and I had a blast going through the stuff (after they got over their puzzlement at finding me in the mail room, on my hands and knees, digging through several plastic bags of stuff!), and others were able to use some of the stuff I could not.

Sincerely,

Meg of the Little Pink Blog

No comments: