Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Kinder Workout

I was halfway through a kindergarten music lesson this morning when it hit me that I was targeting most of my core muscles.

One of the songs we did has the following lyrics:

I'm stretching very tall
And now I'm very small
Now tall
Now small
Now I'm a tiny ball

I've been teaching my teenies about opposites in music (reinforcing what they are learning about opposites in their regular kindergarten curriculum) of late, and really, it's quite a workout. When I'm not stretching tall or a tiny ball (it was hell on my legs, HELL, I tell you!) I'm meandering through the Land of Slow Motion, followed by a sprint through the Land of Fast Motion. Or you might find me singing "Mikey the Monkey" while pretending to swing from branches. And let's not forget "Animal Actions," in which we pretend to be a bird, a rabbit, a fish, a frog, ants, worms, a peacock, a jellyfish, a monkey, a lion, an eagle, a person, a penguin, a kangaroo, a mouse, and a camel.

Who needs the gym? : P

1 comment:

Miz Minka said...

OK, I always thought being a teacher was hard work, but this is ridiculous. ;) (Fun!)