Saturday, October 04, 2008

Millie Meets a Neighbor

A little while ago, I emerged from the bathroom, showered, in fresh pajamas, and ready to have some lunch (it's a lazy day). What greeted me in the living room was amazing and adorable all at once.

Millie was standing on her back feet, with her front feet on the window sill, nose to nose with another cat from the apartment complex, who was standing the very same way right outside.

There was no hissing, no growling, no freaking out or puffy tails. Just calm, curious sniffing and two fuzzy heads on either side of the screen. Of course, I slowly walked over to get my camera from my desk, and of course, I didn't catch that exact moment. But I did catch a couple of cute pictures of Millie and our neighbor quietly getting to know each other.

After Millie's screaming hissy fit of a few days ago, I have to say I'm surprised at how calm she was throughout the whole exchange. Maybe the Kindergatos are mellowing her.


2 comments:

catsinger said...

hi Meg...I came here from Miz Minka's... it seems that you are in the extended "bay area" that Mudville and it's environs are the eastern edge of...
I am a retired music teacher... cat nanny and now, a dog rescuer...
drop by [I'm Catsinger on MM's list]
lots of feline dementia on parade...
your kitties remind me of several I've known...

catsinger said...

Meg... not only are you working for the district I retired from... we live in the same town...it is also possible that you teach at either my former school[on Flora St] or one of my "feeder" schools on the "East Side"
talk about a small world...