Thursday, January 03, 2008

Elbow-Deep in Stickers

I never really outgrew my childish delight with stickers. That explains why I keep buying them and hoarding them in a big binder. Only these days, instead of the cheap, grocery-store stickers, I buy the really fancy-schmancy stickers at the scrapbook stores.

So here I am, tonight, elbow-deep in stickers, paper, pictures and glue sticks. I've been at it since about 1:00. I've watched four-and-a-half movies (Safe Passage, The Full Monty, Emma, Billy Elliott, and I'm now halfway through Beyond the Sea) while busily cropping and pasting my way through a large stack of memories of my year in Washington.

Especially fun were the pages about Kittygarten and the fabulous weekend Heather and I had in Seattle.

It's good to be creative, especially with the rain coming down outside. It's quite chilly outside, but cozy and warm in my apartment. I've got candles going, good movies, and a fun project. I made a big pot of potato-leek soup--from scratch, and pretty good if I do say so myself.

And the beauty of it all is that I have three more days of doing whatever I want before going back to work. Lovely!

No comments: