Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday Morning

Ahhh...Sunday.

Who doesn't love a lazy Sunday morning? It is sunny out, and here I am, with the windows thrown wide open, in my pajamas. I had a cup of hot chocolate and some cherries that my neighbor brought down to me yesterday.

I'm enjoying the laziness while I can; this week promises to be crazy. Tomorrow after school I have a dress rehearsal, and on Tuesday, the concert. Before I can do my concert, however, there is a calendaring meeting for next year scheduled that I must attend.

Wednesday after school there is a meeting I can't get out of. After that, I am holding the dance auditions for next year's show choir. I hope to be out of there by 5:00, but...probably not. On Thursday, I will hold singing auditions for all students interested in being in show choir and/or my advanced group. Again, hopefully I'm out of there by 5:00.

Friday, then will be a welcome relief. I have some bank time on the books, and I am hoping to use it to take 7th period off. Because 5th period is my prep, this means I could teach 3rd period and leave school at about 11:00. I'm going to Lincoln for the weekend, so getting on the road early would be great, to miss the Friday Rush Hour on I-80.

The good news is that after this week, I am home free. We will have 3 weeks left of school, and those chuck-filled with activities that will take kids out of class, etc. No more choir concerts (aside from prepping the seniors to sing at graduation). I'm going to do a huge back-to-the-basics review of singing technique and music theory.

June promises to be a fun month. I have grand plans to go to San Francisco with Heather and some other gals the first weekend of June to see the Vivienne Westwood exhibition at the deYoung. My friend Shae is coming to California to see some family and old friends, and we have grand plans to go to San Francisco for a day--she's driven through, but never really seen it. I love playing tour guide, so we're going to have some fun.

So yes, things are looking up. Good times ahead! I'm even getting a teensy bit excited about the possibility of staying at my job another year. Nervous, but excited.

No comments: