Monday, May 14, 2007

Five Weeks!

Oh yes, my friends, this here is a teacher who desperately needs a summer vacation!

I have to say that things are going pretty well right now. I've found my giggle in the last couple of weeks, thanks to a lovely weekend at Mom and Dad's, and another weekend of cleaning.

For Mother's Day, Mom volunteered to help me put my new desk together. She and Dad came bearing power tools. I had a lovely lunch from Panera ready to serve, so we ate and then got to work. The result is a very nice computer table with a hutch, a pull-out file drawer (for extra desk space) and a small bookcase-type thing. It is a HUGE improvement over the folding table I'd been using since last August!

At work, even, things are better. Like I said, I've got my giggle back, so the kids aren't wearing on me so much. This weekend they've got Senior Ball, so of course, all the talk is of hair and nails, dresses and limos, and how wunnnnnnnnderful it's going to be. Ahh, teenage romance at its best.

Aren't you glad those days are over? God knows I am!

I've started thinking in terms of next year, and I'm considering staying a second year. There are a lot of reasons. Just a few of them:

1. Wouldn't have to move (again). I like my apartment and apartment complex. It's a little oasis in the ghetto!

2. I have terrific colleagues. Awesome colleagues. We're a great team.

3. I'm...*gulp* getting some great ideas for Show Choir. Good God, I really have a Show Choir...how cheesy is that?! But anyway, I want to do the music from Rent with them next year, and I know they'll love it, too.

4. I'm not finding the job I want in the area I want to live. Period.

So that's where I'm at...right now. Give it a week or so, when I'm smack-dab in the middle of my upcoming Spring Choral Concert, and I might be tearing my hear out and swearing never to get near a teenager ever again. Their drama rubs off on me, no matter how hard I try to keep it off.

I'll get through my concert and then I'm pretty much home-free for the next few weeks. We have a ton of activities going on (senior class to Disneyland, Every 15 Minutes, finals week, a rally, Senior Ball, etc.), so it will fly by. Before I know it I'll be sitting on my patio with a margarita and a good book.

One can hope, anyway.

No comments: